5.10.2010

Spell Check Strikes Again















I went to News9.com and read an article about the 4 reported deaths caused by today's tornadoes. It's a news story about a terrible event. And it's a terrible article. They were discussing injuries and claimed the OU Medical Center helicopter couldn't be used because it was damaged in its "hanger." I created a profile just to let them know it's "hangar" when it's a building used to house aircraft.

Shouldn't these people be able to spell? They're journalists for Christ's sake. I know it sounds the same, but it's not the same word. When I worked for The Oklahoman, I had to explain to the entire Classifieds department the difference between "stationary" and "stationery." I should not be the grammar Nazi at a newspaper.

Four those of ewe who rely on spell czech to ketch you're type-os , your thee wurst.

This goes out to the people who constantly pepper Facebook with "I hate stupid people" and "school is a waste of time" or "It's America, speak English", maybe you should learn your own language before you pass judgement on others.

While I'm on the topic, the ellipsis (...) is not the same as a period. You don't need to use an ellipsis unless you intentionally omit a word or phrase. Also, when you use multiple punctuation marks, it doesn't make your statement more exciting!!!!!!!!!!! Please stop. If you use an ellipsis to end a complete sentence, you're an ...

No comments:

Post a Comment