6.14.2010

The Sandlot - Then and Now


The Sandlot (1993) is one of my favorite movies. Not just me, but my whole damn generation loves this movie. It was on the other day and I decided to find out what these kids grew up to be/do. For the record, most of these actors grew up and didn't do anything. They will be omitted. I will also leave out Karen Allen, Denis Leary, and James Earl Jones because we haven't really lost track of them.

Fun Fact about The Sandlot: I assumed the narrator was the guy who played adult Scott Smalls, but it isn't. The narrator is the director, David M. Evans, who also wrote Radio Flyer.


Scott Smalls - Tom Guiry
Actual age in The Sandlot - 12
Also seen in: Black Hawk Down
Fun Fact: Became a father at the age of 18
What's he doing now? Acting, kind of.


Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez - Mike Vitar
Actual age in The Sandlot - 15
Also seen in: D2: The Mighty Ducks, D3: The Mighty Ducks
Fun Fact: Mike's older brother, Pablo, played the adult Benny that stole home for the Dodgers.
What's he doing now? Firefighter in Hollywood, California


Hamilton Porter - Patrick Renna
Actual age in The Sandlot - 14
Also seen in: Son in Law
Fun Fact: Celebrity Judge at UCLA's Spring Sing in 2005 (that's all I could find)
What's he doing now? See above


No comments:

Post a Comment